Fertility & Genetics Centre
We provide the following comprehensive services for
infertility and reproductive endocrine issues:
- Initial Evaluation.
- Ultrasound Evaluation.
- Ovulation Induction with injectable medications.
- Intrauterine Insemination.
- Semen Analysis CASA ( Computerized Assisted Semen Analysis).
- Reproductive Immunology Testing and Treatment.
- Early Pregnancy Ultrasounds.
SUPPORTIVE ON-SITE SERVICES:
ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGIES:
- In Vitro Fertilization with ICSI ( Intra-cytoplasmic transfer).
- In Vitro Fertilization with Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Blastocyst Transfers.
- Laser Assisted Hatching of Embryos.
- Vitrification of oocytes.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer from cryopreserved oocytes.
- Cryopreservation of sperm.
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESE).
- Epididymal Sperm Aspiration.
This section describes our process of helping you:
- 1. INITIAL CONSULTATION – At Al Noor Fertility Center, our approach
to infertility is to provide the most comprehensive infertility services
available. We will properly diagnose the cause of your infertility and in a very
detailed and personalized fashion, outline all of your available treatment
- 2. PRE-CYCLE EVALUATION – Initial
diagnostic testing includes hormone testing, hysterosalpingogram (evaluation of
the uterus and tubes) and semen analysis..
- 3. OVARIAN STIMULATION – Women
generally produce one mature egg per month. There are women who have problems
with this process and thus they are diagnosed with ovulatory dysfunction. There
are 3 levels of treatment depending on the individual’s situation. They are: .
- LEVEL 1: Ovulation Induction with Clomid.
- LEVEL 2: Ovulation Induction with Injectable Gondaotropins
(Gonal F, Puregon etc.) with intercourse or intrauterine insemination.
- LEVEL 3: In Vitro Fertilization and Embryo Transfer.
INTRAUTERINE INSEMINATION (IUI):
IUI is a fertility procedure in which sperm are washed,
concentrated and injected directly into a woman’s uterus. In natural
intercourse only a fraction of the sperm make it to the woman’s genital
tract. IUI increases the number of sperm in the fallopian tubes , where
fertilization takes place.
Studies show that IUI will not be effective in cases where the male has a
low sperm count or poor sperm shape (morphology).
INDICATIONS FOR IN VITRO FERTILIZATION:
- 1. Blocked fallopian tubes or pelvic adhesions.
- 2. Failed cycles (2-6) of ovarian stimulation with
- 3. Advanced female age of >38 years.
- 4. Reduced Ovarian Reserve.
- 5. Severe Endometriosis.
- 6. Male Factors – low sperm counts, increased abnormal sperm.
IVF procedure is based on a 6 step process:
- 1. Preparation for treatment (required testing).
- 2. Ovulation Induction – stimulation of the ovaries in order
to produce more than the one mature egg that occurs in a natural cycle.
- 3. Egg Retrieval – removal of the eggs by an ultrasound
guided needle aspiration .
- 4. Fertilization – the sperm are introduced into the eggs
resulting in fertilization
ICSI – intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injection – ICSI involves the injection of a
single sperm into a single egg in order to achieve fertilization resulting in an
embryo . This process also allows us to achieve fertilization and embryos in
cases where there are very low numbers of sperm. We are able to select the best
morphologically normal sperm. Pregnancy rates for IVF with ICSI have been shown
to be higher than for IVF without ICSI.
- 5. Embryo Transfer – after 3- 5 days growing in the lab the
embryos are transferred back into the uterus.
- 6. Post transfer support to pregnancy tests.
Laser Assisted Hatching (AH) - technique used in IVF cycles
in which the shell around the egg ( the zona pellucida) is opened or thinned
to facilitate the embryo hatching process. AH is not performed in all cases
and is most usually recommended when one or more of the following criteria
- 1. Advanced Reproductive Age (>38 years).
- 2. Elevated Basal FSH levels.
- 3. Embryos that have uniform thick zona layers.
- 4. Previous failed cycles.
- 5. Embryos created from frozen eggs.
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Male factor Infertility.
- Advanced Reproductive Age.
- Ovulation problems.
- Tubal Disease/Occlusion.
- Uterine Fibroids.
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss.
- Intrauterine Defects ( scar tissue, polyps, fibroids,
- Unexplained Infertility.
- It is recommended that if an individual has irregular cycles and
a history of any of the above that they seek some infertility evaluation early
when attempting pregnancy.
Led by Dr. Majeed Aloum – Consultant in
Obstetrics and Gynecology/ Reproductive Endocrinology.
Dr. Majeed received his MD- Damascus University, Syria
He received DGO- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dublin, Ireland
Also He is a Member of Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynecologist, London
Our nurses have over 10 years of experience working in areas of women’s
health. Their training has included labor and delivery, the maternity unit
and the fertility unit with the majority of time devoted to IVF. They are
well equipped to assist you with concerns involving early pregnancy and
those issues arising as a result of fertility treatments.
The Administrative IVF Coordinator has knowledge of the financial aspects of
managing the costs of fertility treatments. She can provide information on
the financial options that are available to you.
We look forward to the continued tradition of successful pregnancies
at Al Noor Hospital.