Al Noor Hospital has specifically designed educational classes for antenatal classes mothers to be. For more information please call:
Educating a pregnant woman about labor preparation and birth is necessary. The following are tips for comfort and pain management:
- Water therapy (e.g. shower or tub)
- Sitting or leaning on a birthing ball or rocking chair.
- Keeping a restful environment in your labor room (quiet, low lighting, soothing music). Carefully select support people for a calm environment.
- Massage or back rubs by support person.
- Effleurage (light massage of abdomen).
- Having a support person rub a tennis ball over your lower back.
- Applying warm or cold compresses.
- Using relaxation/breathing techniques.